Danga Interactive, Inc. (LiveJournal.com)
- Develop new features for LiveJournal.com and PicPix.com, Danga's community and photo hosting sites.
- Fix bugs as reported by users and other developers, and keep the bug tracking database maintained.
- Prioritize between all the fun projects and important bugs and concentrate on finishing tasks.
- Communicate with other developers and volunteers about directions and plans.
- Understand and improve the existing code base with regard to cleanliness, performance, and security.
- Provide coaching skills to help develop less experienced programmers.
- Able & willing to learn new technologies/methodologies.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Sense of responsibility and pride in your code and work.
- Excellent Perl skills. Bonus: Experience with C.
- Familiar with Linux. Bonus: Linux expert, including Debian.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL. Bonus: MySQL experience.
- Basic knowledge of HTTP specs.
- Understand basics of dynamic web serving (CGI, mod_perl)
- Understand the beliefs and values of the Free Software / Open Source community.
- Not a zealot for any particular operating system, language, editor, tool, tabs vs. spaces, or other issue.
- Able to work well with remote employees/volunteers.
Informal and relaxed, but very dedicated. Window offices. Walking distance to the MAX (light rail) and tons of different food.
Details / Contact
|Date of Posting||2003-09-15|
|Company name||Danga Interactive, Inc. (danga.com)|
|Location of Work||Beaverton, OR (right outside Portland, on the light rail line)|
Sorry, position not available for remote employees.
|Resume Formats||HTML, PDF, Text.|
|Job Starting Date||ASAP|
|Salary||Negotiable, based on experience.|